Parish Education Sub-Committee Vision & Mission Statement
Vision and Mission Statement
Parish Education Sub-Committee
Zion Lutheran Church and School, Bethalto, IL
The Parish Education Sub-Committee’s vision is to deepen each member’s understanding of the Bible, especially with regard to God’s saving grace through Christ Jesus.
In order to bring about our vision our mission is to:
- Train and equip teachers and leaders.
- Encourage each member to participate in one or more forms of Christian Education.
- Use a variety of educational methods including classroom activities, small groups, social media and other similar methods.
- Equip and encourage parents and guardians as they guide the spiritual growth of their children.
- Provide and maintain a Christian library that contains a variety of media related to spiritual growth, Bible reference, Christian self-help, parenting, LCMS doctrine, and similar topics.
Additionally we will incorporate the following guidelines and objectives as we seek to fulfill our vision:
- Ensure educational materials and the content of discussion within groups adheres to the sound biblical doctrines of the LCMS
- Raise awareness and encourage use of external LCMS affiliated educational opportunities such as Lutheran Hour Ministries and similar
- Look for opportunities to include non-members in Christian Education activities.
- Strengthen relationships among members for the purpose of spiritual growth, encouragement, and fellowship through educational opportunities.